Peak performers in ventilation.
A ridge vent runs the entire length of the roof peak, blending into the roofline for a more attractive home. Years of research prove that a ridge vent with external baffles and an internal weather filter, combined with under eave venting, is the most efficient system you can install.
Ridge Vent Benefits:
- Works year-round
- Provides evenly distributed ventilation along the entire underside of the roof
- 18 square inches of net free area per linear foot (depending on type and model)
- Slim design, visual appeal
- Provides a higher volume of airflow per square foot of attic area than any other fixed-vent system
- Design maximizes airflow across the entire underside of roof sheathing
- Changes in wind direction have no significant effect on vent performance
- Ridge vents must have an external baffle to deflect weather away from the attic and to create low pressure over the vent openings to help pull air out of the attic
- May not provide enough ventilation area on steep hip roofs
- With all roofs, install ridge vents along the entire length of ridge for best performance and appearance. (With vaulted or cathedral ceilings: Each attic [joist] cavity must be ventilated, leaving 1-1/2″ between sheathing and insulation.)
- Intake vents must be installed to provide proper airflow